Dear Tuesday, with Labor Day being yesterday I
don’t feel like it’s really your day to shine. More people are probably hating
on you because you look and feel a lot like Monday this week. Not this girl.
Dear Social Media Junkies, please don’t take
offense to being called that! The fact of the matter is that I was right where
you stand a month ago. God created each one of us to be a “people person”.
However I don’t think that He intended for your version of that to be following
someone on twitter or being someone’s “friend” on Facebook. Do you get more
excited about 14 people “liking” your status then you get about being able to
pick up the phone and tell someone your good news? Or better yet, meeting with
them over a cup of coffee or a meal. Somehow most of us seem to get more
pleasure from the first option. Somewhere along the way, the point of social
media got skewed. Do you even remember the intention of it anymore? I didn’t
until my Pastor spoke about it on Sunday. Social media is intended to ENHANCE
relationships, not replace them. Over time we’ve allowed social media to become
a threat to real connections. I’m not saying that we should all just close out
our accounts and be more intentional about our relationships. What I am saying
is that we need to understand that there is a balance between the two. Think
about that.
Dear Football, welcome back! Some people just
don’t understand my love for you. It’s been a long summer without you. I love
you from the High School level, to college, and to the pros. There’s nothing
about you that I don’t like. I got to see you in person this week and let me
tell you, you looked good. This was the first weekend of many to be planned
completely around your schedule. I just know that my hubs is a huge fan of
yours too, so he’ll be thrilled that you’re such a big part of my life. Please
take your time this season. Give us as many overtime games as possible. I don’t
want to miss anything you’ve got to offer this year. Welcome back, welcome
back, welcome back!!
Papa, so many thoughts and feelings towards you
are going to be said without being written this week. There’s just so much that
I need You and You alone to hear. I’m so thankful and blessed by You in this
season. Only You know how intimate our relationship has become in the past 4
months. I know that this is just the beginning and when I think about that it
just leaves me speechless. You’ve taught me so much already, and I’m doing my
best to remain in a sponge-like state so that I can soak it all up. Continue to
make my heart more and more pliable and please never let it get hardened by the
things of this world. Thank you for giving me the wisdom to make important
decisions, the faith to wait patiently, and the courage to jump blindly into
the unknown. But most of all, thank you for simply being You. I love you.
Tuesday, another week has come and gone. I
started this out with so much to say and somehow ended up saying very little.
Thanks for hearing what wasn’t said, and reading what wasn’t written. You’re so
great at that. See ya next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment